Monday, January 4, 2010

Hollow Forms!!

The most fun--and challenging--wheel project of the class....the Hollow Forms project! There are so many different creations you can make with hollow forms, either functional or sculptural...or a bit of both! Here are some ideas for using donut, orb and pyramid creations.

You will decide where in the range of functional to sculptural your project will be. Combine one wheel-made form with handbuilding techniques, or cut up and reassemble two or more wheel-made forms to create your project!

This is our last project for this class, so whatever you choose...HAVE FUN!!

3 comments:

  1. There is a great chance i won't get to this project, and there is an even greater chance that if i do i'll screw it up. Haha but if I do I like the idea of either an orb tea pot with two or four little sake cups (not for sake of course, but similar look). Or if I tried the donut I'd want to make a tea pot too. I don't really understand what to do with the donut pieces when you cut them up.

    Sammy Woodward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making a donut has been one of my goals in Ceramics for the longest time! I am so excited that I finally made one. I can't wait to experiment with more hollow forms and to complete my teapots. This is such an amazing project.

    Olivia Burger

    ReplyDelete
  3. i usually like to make stuff that is functional, but for this project i was thinking of making an orb as a paper weight. very kind of structurally beautiful, but still has SOME purpose. I'm diggin' the orb with the blue lacey design. this is going to be fun to paint!
    -ali papatsoris

    ReplyDelete